- 5 companies are public
- Broadcom, Cisco, NetScout, Viavi (JDSU) have been for a very long time. NetScout is the only of these vendors who make the bulk of their revenue in NPM technologies.
- Congratulations to SolarWinds and the wizards at Thoma Bravo for the re-spinout!
- 1 company is venture capital-backed (Extrahop)
- 5 companies are owned by private equity (Accedian, RiverBed, LiveAction, LogicMonitor, SevOne)
- Can't figure out who owns Colasoft, Zoho, and H3C. H3C is very large and diversified, as is Zoho.
Jonah Kowall is the VP of Market Development and Insights at AppDynamics, driving the company’s product roadmap and vision, entry into new markets and providing technology and business insights. Previously 15 years as a practitioner at several startups and larger enterprises focused on infrastructure and operations, security, and performance engineering. In 2011 Jonah changed careers, moving to Gartner to focus on availability and performance monitoring and IT operations management (ITOM).