I am working on implementing a new shared SQL cluster to help improve our Openview tools to run on a better hardware infrastructure. I also hope to leverage that SQL server for Iconclude a workflow tool we are implementing more and more. I am trying to get a proper cleaner server architecture for the tools. I am also adding a high end server for the BI tool to compile the Proclarity cubes going forward.
The server config mgmt race is coming to a close, with Bladelogic seeming to have the win so far. I am working on the final touches of the evaluation.
I am also on the home stretch with the Symantec versus Quest database tools, and hope to wrap that up in the 2 weeks.
That's mostly it on my major projects, I have a lot of other smaller projects including:
- Qip Integration
- Monitoring work for better consistency on some of our internal apps
- Coradiant next gen products
- Business Intelligence work with Proclarity
- Syslog integration for Coradiant Truesight and Onaro Sanscreen
- Trap integration for database tools
- Coradiant instrumentation of some leased line infrastructure